I'm not going to lie: these are delicious fries and an awesome side. This is a regular staple in the Jones household first introduced to us by our friend Katie. Here's what you are going to need:
- 3-4 large Sweet potatoes (straight ones are easier to work with)
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- Sea salt and black pepper grinder
- Cayenne Pepper
This is what you're going to do with them.
- Pre-heat over to 450º F
- Peal and hand cut potatoes into thick fries. (estimate 1 med-large potato per adult)
- Place in large ziploc bag or sealable container
- Add 2-3 tablespoons of melted coconut oil, seal container and shake until all the fries look evenly coated
- Pour onto cookie sheets and spread out so each fry has contact with the sheet. (I end up using 2 baking sheets)
- Season with sea salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper to taste
- Bake for 15 minutes, flip and return to oven for another 15 minutes
I like them a little charred and burnt as you get a delicious crunch and chew. Enjoy!